Apex Health + Social Care in partnership with Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust are currently recruiting Health Care Assistants to work at the Trust in a 1-2-1 Special setting.
You will receive bespoke training for this role.
Base/Department: Neurosciences & Renal Division
Main tasks/overview of responsibilities:
Trust Values & Behaviours – Responsibility for upholding the agreed set of values and accountable for own attitude and behaviour
Patient & Customer Focus
Communicate effectively with patients, families and colleagues and proactively personalise the service, connect with patients and carers whilst adopting the ethos of Safe, Clean and Personal.
Identify opportunities to reduce waste and inefficiency and look at ways of measuring and auditing improvements and proactively develop goals and objectives in support of the Trusts vision.
Recognised and accept and display personal accountability beyond the job role and towards problem solving and act with integrity and focus on results.
Be considerate of others, their contribution and needs, support and empower staff involvement and act as a guardian of the Trusts reputation and resources.
Responsibility for Patient Care
1. To provide the planned level of care agreed for the patient. This will include all aspects of maintaining and providing hygiene needs, (oral and eye care, continence needs, skin and nail care)
2. To provide the patient with a clean and tidy bed area. The room or bed area must be cleaned and tidied including the patients bedside locker. The room must be free from clutter and unnecessary equipment
3. To ensure the intentional rounding, fluid and food charts are completed accurately and in accordance with the trust policy
4. A handover of the care provided is given to the Registered Nurse when requested or before finishing your shift
5. To support the therapy team and assist in the patients session. This is acceptable practice for those providing 1-2-1 care.
Equality and Diversity
1. To recognise the importance of people’s rights and interpret them in a way that is consistent with trust procedures, policies and legislation
2. To challenge behaviour that infringes the rights of others
3. To identify and take action where necessary to address discrimination and oppression